Journal of Palestine Studies
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Palest. Stud.|
|Discipline||Middle Eastern studies; Israeli–Palestinian conflict|
|Edited by||Rashid Khalidi|
The Journal of Palestine Studies is an academic journal established in 1971. It is published and distributed by University of California Press on behalf of the Institute for Palestine Studies (IPS). The current editor is Rashid Khalidi of Columbia University.1
The journal is the oldest English language journal devoted exclusively to Palestinian affairs and the Arab-Israeli conflict. It includes information on the region's political, religious, and cultural concerns. The IPS has been described as "independent and internationally renowned" and the journal is refereed.2
The journal contains:
- Feature articles
- Book reviews
- Quarterly updates on conflict and diplomacy
- A settlement monitor
- Detailed chronologies
- Documents and source material
- Bibliography of periodical literature 3
There is of course, a great mass of custom-tailored information in books, newspapers and magazine articles. Unfortunately, most of these fall into the categories of pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian propaganda or disinformation ... The exceptions, however deserve the highest praise; whatever their stance or political orientation, their concern was primarily with information and understanding ... The other exception is the Journal of Palestine Studies, published and edited by Hisham Sharabi since 1971, a quarterly magazine that is critically pro-PLO, but invaluable in its documentation of the PLO position. Unfortunately, no comparable journal exists yet in Israel.
- University of California Journal of Palestine Studies current editorial staff.
- Global Scholarship in International Relations, edited by Arlene B. Tickner, Ole Wæver, page 185
- Journal of Palestine Studies - About Journal; JSTOR
- Kimche, David (1991). The Last Option: After Nasser, Arafat & Saddam Hussein: The Quest for Peace in the Middle East. New York City: Charles Scribner's Sons; Maxwell Macmillan International. pp. 322–323. ISBN 978-0-684-19422-6.
- Journal of Palestine Studies, abstracts of the journal's articles are available online as of volume 26, issue number 1 (Autumn 1996)
- University of California Press
|This article about a journal on area studies is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This Palestine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|