Queen Margaret College (Wellington)
Queen Margaret College is an independent Presbyterian all-girls high school/college in Wellington, New Zealand. The school was started in 1919 at 53 Hobson Street, Thorndon, Wellington. It was previously the location of Scots College, Wellington, now the school's brother school. The land currently occupied by the school was previously occupied by Māori from the Pipitea Marae. Over the last 85 years, QMC has grown to over 600 students from Preps to year 13 and employs around 90 staff.
Students are organized into five houses - Berwick (blue & silver), Braemar (blue & yellow), Glamis (red & blue), Lochleven (red, green and black), and Stirling (black & yellow). They are named after castles in Scotland, a nod towards the Scottish heritage upon which the school was built.
A History of Queen Margaret College by M. D. (Mollie) Gambrill (1969; Wright & Carman, Queen Margaret College)