South Fork Township, Christian County, Illinois
|South Fork Township|
Location in Christian County
Christian County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1865|
|• Total||65.79 sq mi (170.4 km2)|
|• Land||62.13 sq mi (160.9 km2)|
|• Water||3.67 sq mi (9.5 km2) 5.58%|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||44.9/sq mi (17.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62517, 62531, 62540, 62546, 62558, 62568, 62570|
|GNIS feature ID||0429766|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 65.79 square miles (170.4 km2), of which 62.13 square miles (160.9 km2) (or 94.44%) is land and 3.67 square miles (9.5 km2) (or 5.58%) is water.1 The township contains Sangchris Lake State Recreation Area.
The township contains these three cemeteries: Achenback Lutheran, Bethany and Finley.
- Edinburg Community Unit School District 4
- Morrisonville Community Unit School District 1
- Pawnee Community Unit School District 11
- South Fork School District 14
- Taylorville Community Unit School District 3
- State House District 98
- State Senate District 49
- "South Fork Township, Christian County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Cotton Hill Township, Sangamon County||Buckhart Township|
|Pawnee Township, Sangamon County||Taylorville Township|
|Bois D'Arc Township, Montgomery County||Bear Creek Township