Syro-Malabar Catholic Diocese of Thamarassery
|Diocese of Thamarassery
|Metropolitan||Archdiocese of Tellicherry|
|Area||5,893 km2 (2,275 sq mi)|
|(as of 2004)
The Syro-Malabar Catholic Diocese of Thamarassery is a Catholic diocese in India, under the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church. It was created on April 28, 1986. On Monday, January 18, 2010, the Synod of Bishops of the Syro-Malabar Church, meeting at Mt. St. Thomas (with the assent of the Holy See) appointed Mar Remigius Inchananiyil, secretary and chancellor of Thamarassery, and judge of the major archiepiscopal tribunal, as the new bishop. Mar Paul Chittilapilly is the bishop emeritus of the diocese. Mar Remigius Inchananiyil was consecrated on April 8, 2010.
The Syro-Malabar Church is governed by the Major Archbishop of Erankulam-Angamaly and the synod of all bishops of the sui iuris Church, both within and outside of India. There are several Syro-Malabar Ecclesiastical Provinces. They are as follows:
- 'Province of Eranakulam - Angamaly'
- 'Province of Changanassery'
- 'Province of Tellicherry'
- 'Province of Thrissur'
- 'Province of Kottayam'
- 'Syro-Malabar Mission Dioceses Outside of Kerala'
Syro-Malabar Catholic Diocese of Thamarassery comes under the Province of Tellicherry. There are several famous churches under the Diocese of Thamarassery. The most prominent among them are St. Antony's Forane Church, Paroppadi and Sacred Heart Forane Church Thiruvambady.
The verbal volley between the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Catholic Church over a claim made by Thamarassery Bishop Emeritus Mar Paul Chitilapally that the late CPM legislator Mathai Chacko had been given the last sacrament as per his wish, is developing into a full-blown battle on Thiruvambady.. 
- Karuvarakundu Holy Family Church(1972)
- Kodenchery St.Mary's Church(1949)
- Koorachundu St.Thomas Church (1947)
- Kulathuvayal St.George Church(1941)
- Mariyapuram Fathima Matha Church(1950)
- Marudonkara St.Mary's Church (1939)
- Paroppady St.Antony's Church (1969)
- Thamarassery Mary Matha Cathedral Church (1984)
- Thiruvambady Sacred Heart Church (1944)
- Thottumukkom St.Thomas Church(1960)
Under this Foranes there are various parishes are there.