Visa policy of Taiwan (officially the Republic of China) grants visa-free and visa-on-arrival travel for citizens of 45 countries and an online travel authority is valid for citizens of 7 counties/territories. Despite the difficulties in signing bilateral agreements with other countries due to its diplomatic isolation, Taiwan has reciprocal and unilateral visa exemption arrangements with a relatively large number of countries for entry into the Free Area of the Republic of China. Taiwan passport holders enjoy visa exemption arrangements for entry into a significant number of countries.
Visa exemption countries
Taiwan ( Republic of China )
Visa-Free for 90 days
Visa-Free for 30 days
Visa-Free for 30 days, pre-entry on-line registration required
Citizens of following countries do not require a visa to visit Taiwan for less than 90 days (which starts from the next day of arrival, extension not possible).1
Citizens of following countries do not require a visa to visit Taiwan for less than 30 days.
- Citizens of Brunei may be granted visa upon arrival for TWD $2400 for less than 14 days.
- Citizens of Turkey may be granted visa upon arrival for TWD $2400 for less than 30 days.
- Qualification: If the citizen holds permanent residency or valid visa of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Schengen Convention countries, United Kingdom or United States.
- Qualified citizens of China with permanent residency of Hong Kong and Macau may be granted Exit & Entry Permit upon arrival or may apply an online travel authority to visit Taiwan for less than 30 days.
- Qualification: Hong Kong born permanent residents and travel with HKSAR passport or BN(O) passport; Macau born permanent residents and travel with MSAR passport or Portuguese passport issued in Macau.